Friday, April 25, 2014

First Easter

The girls' first Easter started out a bit exasperating as it took us probably three hours to get ready and actually make it to church. We got up at 7 am and I started feeding the babies and making preparations. Both girls got a bath, and then squirmed so much it was almost impossible to get them dressed. Despite our early start, I had to send Chris to church to take care of the library while I stayed behind to finish getting the girls ready. Once their dresses were on, both of them seemed to think they were in straight jackets and couldn't move. Which made them less than pleased. Rose was inconsolable, so I finally put her in her crib while I did Lili's hair. Then she fell asleep. I wasn't going to wake her up once she was sleeping so soundly, so it was nearly 10:30 and I was nearly in tears before we actually made it to church! They turned out looking pretty darling, so we took them to the grandparents' house after church to take some pictures by the pretty flowers. After photos, Lili and Rose both tackled their Easter baskets at home. They each ate an entire chocolate bunny. We also attended my family's Easter egg hunt and had tons of fun. The girls got to hunt some eggs set aside especially for them by Nona. 


We got some really pretty pictures (see below) though most of the candid ones look like this: Lili crying and Rose eating sticks. 


















Easter baskets








Lili looks very pleased with herself here.


That chocolate really sets off your blue eyes Rose!

Egg hunting



No comments:

Post a Comment